Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stinkers: Long John Polish

Some meat snacks are pretty bad and not worthy of a head to head comparison here at Meat Snack Review. These are Stinkers.

Long John Polish
Made in Michigan

I haven't been munching on the meat snacks much lately, but I did try this one a couple weeks ago. I must have thrown out the wrapper in anger and I can't find any info about it online. So, details are sparse, but if you see this meat snack in the wild, stay away.

I could taste nothing but vinegar in this one. After one bite it felt like I had eaten half a bag of Salt and Vinegar potato chips. The texture was very mushy. After removing the sausage from the wrapper, there was an inch or two of vinegar still in the wrapper, so it had to be handled carefully like a test tube until I could find a trash can.

One last thing I remember about this sausage: there is a hillbilly on the wrapper.

1 comment:

  1. I tried long john meat snack.
    Goes great with just it,I eat one and had 2have another.
    Loved thu vinager tast.
    Had some old school taste, very,very,very,good.
    Me

    ReplyDelete