Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sausage Review: Old Trapper Deli Style Beef Sticks

Old Trapper Deli Style Beef Sticks
.75 ounce stick, 24 count bag
Forest Grove, OR

http://www.oldtrapper.com/

Noteworthy Ingredients: Beef Hearts, MSG

Taste: I like salty but this stick is way too salty. There isn't much more I can say about the taste because the salt is overpowering from beginning to end.

Texture: This stick has a wonderful and consistent texture. Ground fine. The skin is just right. Very few, if any, tooth wedgies.

I sampled these sticks awhile back. I was quite impressed and eager to get more and do a full review. What a disappointment. I don't remember my initial sample being so salty. Almost uneatable, so I'm inclined to believe that this was a manufacturing error by the folks at Old Trapper.

Whew, it took me a few weeks, but I finally finished the bag. I'm gonna go buy a drink now.

Have you tried this meat snack? Let us know what you think of it in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it..
    paleovalley code

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Way too salty. You'll be on dialysis in no time after eating these...LOL

    ReplyDelete